This page states the "Terms and Conditions" under which you may use StudentAffairs.com.
If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions stated here, do not use this web
site and service. Any use of this web site by you shall be evidence that you
accept and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. StudentAffairs (the
"Company") may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this
posting. You should visit this page periodically to review the Terms and Conditions,
because they are binding on you. The terms "You" and "User" as used herein refer
to all individuals and/or entities accessing this web site for any reason.
1. Limited License: The Company hereby grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, personal limited right to view and download a single copy of the material on StudentAffairs.com (the "Web Site") solely for your personal, noncommercial use. The contents of this Web Site, such as text, graphics, images, logos, button icons, software and other "Material", are protected under United States and foreign copyright, trademark and other laws. All Material is the property of the Company or its content suppliers or clients. The compilation of all content on this Web Site is the exclusive property of the Company and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Unauthorized use of the Material may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. You must retain all copyright, trademark, service-mark and other proprietary notices contained in the original Material on any copy you make of the Material. You may not sell or modify the Material or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Material in any way for any public or commercial purpose. The use of the Material on any other web site or in a networked computer environment for any purpose is strictly prohibited.
2. Acceptable Uses and Use Restrictions: Users may not use the Web Site in order to transmit, distribute, store or destroy material (a) in violation of any applicable law or regulation, (b) in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others, or (c) that is defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive or hateful. Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Web Site, including, without limitation, (a) accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which the user is not authorized to access, (b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization, (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Web Site, overloading, "flooding", "spamming", "mailbombing" or "crashing", (d) sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services, or (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting. Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. The Company will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations. The Web Site may be used only for lawful purposes by individuals seeking employment, career, and student affairs information. The Company specifically prohibits any use of the Web Site, and all users agree not to use the Web Site, for any of the following:
1) Posting any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information, or information belonging to another party;
2) Posting any franchise, pyramid scheme, club membership, distributorship or sales representative agency arrangement or other business opportunity;
3) Altering any material posted by any other person or entity;
4) Using any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Web Site or any activity being conducted on this site;
5) Taking any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on this Web Site's infrastructure;
6) Disclosing to or sharing your password with any third parties or using your password for any unauthorized purpose;
7) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, using or attempting to use any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism to navigate or search this Web Site other than the search engine and search agents available from the Company on this Web Site and other than generally available third party web browsers;
8) Attempting to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Web Site;
9) Aggregating, copying or duplicating in any manner any of the materials or information available from the Web Site; and/or
10) Framing of or linking to any of the materials or information available from the Web Site.
3. User Submissions: As a user, you are responsible for your own communications and are responsible for the consequences of their posting. You shall not:
1) post material that is copyrighted, unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the copyright owner to post it;
2) post material that reveals trade secrets, unless you own them or have the permission of the owner;
3) post material that infringes on any other intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
4) post material that is obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful, or embarrassing to another user or any other person or entity; post a sexually-explicit image or statement;
5) post advertisements or solicitations of business, post chain letters or pyramid schemes;
6) impersonate another person; or
7) post material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information. The Company does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of communications posted by users or endorse any opinions expressed by users. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other users will be at your own risk. The Company acts as a passive conduit for the online distribution and publication of user-submitted information and has no obligation to screen communications or information in advance and is not responsible for screening or monitoring material posted by users. If notified by a user of communications that do not conform with these Terms and Conditions, the Company may investigate the allegation and decide in its sole discretion whether to remove or request the removal of the communication. The Company has no liability or responsibility to users for performance or nonperformance of such activities. The Company reserves the right to expel users and prevent their further access to the Web Site for violating the Terms and Conditions or the law and the right to remove communications which are abusive, illegal, or disruptive. The Company may take any action with respect to user-submitted information that it deems necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion if it believes it may create liability for the Company or may cause the Company to lose (in whole or in part) the services of its ISPs or other suppliers.
4. The Company's Liability: This Web Site acts as a venue for parties to post information pertaining to in part student affairs and job opportunities, and the Company is not involved in the actual transaction between the parties. As a result, the Company has no control over the quality, safety or legality of the information posted, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of employers to offer job opportunities to candidates or the ability of candidates to fill job openings. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through the Web Site. Because user authentication on the Internet is difficult, The Company cannot and does not confirm that each user is who they claim to be. Because we do not and cannot be involved in user-to-user dealings or control the behavior of participants on StudentAffairs.com, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you release the Company (and our agents and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential, direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you agree to waive California Civil Code d1542. The Material may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. The Company makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Web Site or the Material. The use of the Web Site and the Material is at your own risk. You are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any submission placed by you on the Web Site.
THE WEB SITE AND MATERIAL ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. THE COMPANY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE MATERIAL, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THE WEB SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEB SITE AND THE MATERIAL, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
5. Hyperlinks: The Web Site may contain links ("hyperlinks") to third party web sites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by the Company of the contents on such third-party Web sites. The Company is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party Web sites. If you decide to access linked third party web sites, you do so at your own risk.
6. Termination: The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pursue all of its legal remedies, including but not limited to deletion of your postings from this Web Site and immediate termination of your registration with or ability to access the Web Site and/or any other service provided to you by the Company, upon any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions, or any applicable state of federal law, regulation or rule, or if the Company is unable to verify or authenticate any information you submit to the Web Site registration with or ability to access the Web Site.
7. Indemnification: You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of the Material or your breach of the terms of these Terms and Conditions. The Company shall provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding.
8. Miscellaneous: The Company makes no claims that the Materials may be lawfully viewed or downloaded outside of the United States. Access to the Materials may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Web Site from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Connecticut, without respect to its conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under this agreement shall lie exclusively with the state or federal courts within Hartford, Connecticut. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions are found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and the Company with respect to the use of Web Site. No changes to these Terms and Conditions shall be made except by a revised posting on this page.