Webinars and Online Courses
61. Feeling the Spirit: Cultivating School Spirit for the Millennial Generation
Date/Time: Available as a Webinar Replay
Duration: 1 hour
Presenters: Dr. Adam Peck
Creating excitement and enthusiasm on campus is a major responsibility of the student affairs profession. Yet, the changing preferences of the millennial generation are dramatically changing the tradition ways we have created this spirit in the past. Across the country, attendance at athletic events are down, technology has stunted students ability and desire to connect with each other face-to-face and public officials are beginning to question whether the “value added” by cocurricular experiences are worth the investment. This webinar will discuss some of the challenges of creating school spirit in this environment and we explain how tenants of “brand marketing” can inform your efforts to create real and lasting spirit on your campus.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Learn some of the challenges for developing school spirit with the current generation of students.
- Understand how school spirit is similar to a “brand” in marketing the experience of their school.
- Understand how to use the tenants of brand marketing to make a stronger impression on their students.
- Develop plans for engaging key stakeholders to strengthen school spirit on campus.
Dr. Adam Peck
- Student Activities personnel
- Dean of Students/VPs for Student Affairs/Senior Student Affairs Officers
- Alumni Affairs staff
- Marketing/Public Relations staff
- Admissions officers
- Residence Life staff
serves as the Dean of Student Affairs at Stephen F. Austin State University (SFA) in Nacogdoches, Texas. He also serves as adjunct faculty in the graduate program for Student Affairs and in the department of Communication and Contemporary Culture at SFA. He has worked in higher education for over seventeen years. Adam writes and speaks frequently on topics as varied as cultivating creativity, critical thinking, and assessment methodologies.
** Please read our FAQ Section for general information about our webinars including System Requirements and recommended Compatibility Check.