Webinars and Online Courses
Collegiate Homeless, the Hidden Population
This webinar is available as a Replay
Duration: 1 hour
Instructor: Quint Geis
Collegiate homelessness is a growing concern on college campuses across the United States. As we seek to be more inclusive, and as college tuition rises, we must consider the experiences of those facing homelessness. This webinar will review current literature, share some of the challenges of this student population, address the invisible nature of homelessness, and speak to what considerations are important for positive change.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Learn about some of the challenges that students experiencing homelessness face
- Consider the invisible nature of homelessness
- Gain an understanding of the current literature on collegiate homelessness
- Assess improvements can be made to positively impact these students' experience
- Faculty, Staff or Students who wish to learn more about collegiate homelessness
- Persons interested in positively impacting the homeless experience in their community
- Persons who work with low-income individuals and seek to assist them
is a Residence Director at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. His work with collegiate homelessness started in his masters program at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and he seeks to bring awareness to the experiences of students facing homelessness. His master's thesis is one of only a handful of works that specifically records and analyzes the experiences of college students facing homelessness. He received the ACPA Small Grant in 2014 for this work.
Please read our FAQ Section for general information about our webinars including System Requirements and
recommended Compatibility Check.
Subscribe to our email list! NO SPAM, we promise. Just periodic updates on what's new along with the occasional special savings offer for our webinars.