Webinars and Online Courses
A Guiding Framework for the Development of Students' Multicultural Capacities
This webinar is available as a Replay
Duration: 1 hour
Facilitator:Dr. Ijeoma Nwaogu
To effectively prepare students as competent leaders of an increasingly global society, student affairs professionals must possess the tools needed to develop the diversity awareness, knowledge, and abilities of students. For this reason, this webinar will provide a guiding framework for attendees to utilize in constructing contexts that develop students' multicultural capacities. Also, attendees will gain insights to proactively address the responses and experiences of students in multicultural contexts. Overall, attendees will attain an advanced understanding of multicultural capacity development among students and will be better equipped to create and maintain spaces that enhance students' development in this regard.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- clearer understanding of the meaning of multicultural competence
- guiding tool (visual framework) to gain a comprehensive understanding how students develop multicultural capacities.
- feasible ideas to create and maintain multicultural spaces and inclusive practices
- action plan to foster the development of multicultural capacities among students
Dr. Ijeoma Nwaogu
- This webinar is suitable for all student affairs professionals, especially educators and practitioners who wish to create more inclusive spaces for students and seek to gain an advanced understanding of the processes and outcomes associated with students' development of multicultural capacities.
recently completed her term as the Assistant Director for the Office of Multicultural Affairs at Fordham University in New York City.
She is currently the Founder and Principal of ThriveIN, A Speaking & Coaching company in Houston, Texas.
Dr. Nwaogu obtained Bachelor's degrees in Psychology and Sociology from Georgia State University, her Master's degree in College Student Affairs Administration and her Ph.D. in Counseling and Student Personnel Services both from the University of Georgia.
Dr. Nwaogu has researched and facilitated numerous workshops and trainings across the nation that focused on leadership pedagogy, multicultural capacity development and inclusive practice.
website: ijeomanwaogu.com |
twitter: @Nwaogu |
Please read our FAQ Section for general information about our webinars including System Requirements and
recommended Compatibility Check.
Subscribe to our email list! NO SPAM, we promise. Just periodic updates on what's new along with the occasional special savings offer for our webinars.