Webinars and Online Courses
Should Student Leaders Get Paid?
This webinar is available as a Replay
Duration: 1 hour
Speaker: Dr. Charles Hueber
The use of volunteers vs paid staff to manage an area like a program board or res life office, is a long discussed topic in higher education. Research has shown in the past that pay has little impact on production, but is that changing? Are we facing a generation that has a different motivational base than those before them? This webinar will look to help answer these questions and will offer a hybrid solution to the issue of pay vs volunteer that is based on accountability.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Understand the importance of utilizing students in managing on campus programs.
- Examine a current models of student pay structures and discuss the challenges that may lie ahead.
- Review the generational differences that impact motivation and production in the work place.
- Explore a hybrid model of pay/volunteer that they may implement on their campus.
Dr. Charles Hueber
- Residence Life Programmers
- Multicultural Center Staff
- Greek Life
- Student Activities Staff
- Student Affairs Administrators
is currently the Dean of Students at Schreiner University. He has worked in higher education for over 15 years at Trinity Valley Community College, Georgia Southern University, and Stephen F. Austin State University. He has served as a speaker and consultant to a variety of universities and businesses in leadership development, customer service and social integration. He has also published numerous articles on leadership, school spirit, and marketing. His main research interest lies in social integration and its impact on college success. He has helped to develop multiple transition camp programs around the country and has long been an advocate for spirit and traditions programming.
Please read our FAQ Section for general information about our webinars including System Requirements and
recommended Compatibility Check.
Subscribe to our email list! NO SPAM, we promise. Just periodic updates on what's new along with the occasional special savings offer for our webinars.